jeudi 18 octobre 2007

How To Reappear Completely

Radiohead are coming back!

After four years since they released its last album, Radiohead are releasing In Rainbows, their seventh studio album, available October 10th.

The newness is that the album is not offering by records shops owner as usual. Its is only distributing in through their website www.inrainbows.com/. (digital download)
Radiohead let people decide how much to pay their new album. It’s up to you!
You can also order a deluxe boxed version that includes the digital download album, a double vinyl disc, a book, eight bonus tracks available on December for a price of 40£.

Radiohead’s contract with their major company (EMI/Capitol) expired after its last record, Hail to the Thief. From now on, they don’t have a record label.
But Radiohead’s reputation give an independant status vis-à-vis to the industry of music. So, the band is able to do offer their songs like they want.




In fact, before In Rainbows released, I knew most of the songs for a long time (more than one year!) because there have been played live by the band for some time, and versions of them are available on the Internet. I notice that there is a big difference with studio album, that’s why I feel disturbed with my first listening.
I am not used to the sound of the album yet. I think it’s a good album but it is necessary to listen to it again and again to form a real opinion.

However, I feel disappointed by the poor sound quality of the album. Indeed, song’s compression are only at 160 kbps (MP3), that's not good enough. So when I listened to some songs, sounds seems too choked off to my sense. I think it put paid to their work! But it seems that downloadable album was just a promotional tool for physical CD, coming soon…

Some statistics shown that 1.2 millions have downloaded the album yet for an average price of 5£ (about 10€).

Nevertheless, I really appreciate this band for a long time because they are great artists and always satisfy their fans. They deserve to have gratitude from all.
It would be damage to fall into illegal downloading. So we have to contribute for artists so far as we can!

Aucun commentaire: